Job Summary/Job Purpose:
You will be responsible for providing the first point of contact with people diagnosed with COVID-19 and their contacts, undertaking interviews by phone and accurately capturing all relevant data on the Contact Case Management System.
You will be required to:
- adhere to standard protocols and follow set scripts during the calls, to inform contacts about the importance of isolation, what to do if symptoms are present or develop and to respond to queries, referring these to the Team Leader, where appropriate.
- participate in one of several teams of Contact Tracers working across Wales to provide the first point of communication with COVID-19 cases and their contacts.
- deal with calls throughout the day in order to trace all contacts of designated COVID-19 cases, using the Contact Case Management System.
Duties and responsibiities:
- support the delivery of a contact tracing call handling service, through prioritising and delegating COVID-19 cases to a team of call handlers, ensuring that all information is recorded accurately on the Contact Case Management System and dealing with more complex queries/issues that have been escalated by the team.
- be responsible for leadership and development of a team of up to 12 call handlers and for managing the performance of the team.
- manage the rosters for the team, ensuring adequate cover is in place for planned and unexpected absence, is responsible for authorising unsocial and additional hours worked.
- contribute and implement service changes and improvements to standard operating procedures that enhance and develop the contact tracing service
- be able to (and be able to recognise the need to), modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of contacts especially in stressful and difficult situations, ensuring polite, efficient and appropriate communications exist at all times. Effective interpersonal skills are required to build rapport with those who are COVID 19 cases and their contacts, for example, when these individuals may be distressed or reluctant to engage in conversation or when the post holder is communicating over more sensitive issues arising from complex cases. Such situations will require the post holder to utilise effective questioning and listening skills and employ empathy and understanding.
- attend meetings relating to team and service matters. You will also plan and conduct one-to-one meetings and other formal and informal meetings with staff in relation to performance, attendance and other issues where communications need to be handled confidentially and sensitively.
- communicate with HR and Payroll Teams and with Trade Union Representatives in relation to staffing issues and employment matters such as performance management, conduct and service change.
Most challenging part of the job
Being able to apply appropriate questioning skills to extract accurate information from people with COVID-19 and their contacts, who may be in an agitated or anxious state or have communication difficulties.
Delivering an effective contact tracing service whilst often working under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Management qualification at Degree level or equivalent level of demonstrable knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in a customer service role
- Previous experience of supervising/managing a team
- Ability to show empathy to individuals who may be distressed by their situation and to identify solutions to issues or concerns raised
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritise own and team workload and cope with competing demands
- Ability to interpret information in an effective manner and to recommend an appropriate course of action to address issues, knowing when to escalate these to Tier 2
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Understanding, awareness and commitment to following Information Governance procedures and Data Protection legislation.
The position offers an hourly rate of £11.76 for weekdays with enhanced rates for weekends.
This is a full time position, you will work 37.5 hours per week across 7 days between the hours of 8.00 am and 8.00 pm on a rota basis.
There is the option to work from home with the requirement to attend the office when required.
The role offers an immediate start subject to interview and satisfactory references.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If so, apply now with your up to date CV.