An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global FMCG company, our client is currently looking for a Plant Technician based at their manufacturing facility in Reading RG2 0QE, Berkshire. This is a full-time temporary role, working a shift pattern week. This role is paying £15.03 per hour the equivalent to £29,308 PAYE per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
This site remains open for business through the Covid 19 Virus because the products manufactured here are essential.
Be prepared to work flexible working patterns throughout the 24hr period, including days and nights. Please note, there is potential for overtime.
**Single Reach and Counterbalance licence required.**
You are a Reading Plant core team member playing an essential role in the organization delivering results in-line with the CBN requirements. As a Making Pre-weigher you are highly skilled and motivated team member operating the Making equipment, applying all safety, quality and operational standards to drive towards Making goals. Equipment ownership and/ or key system ownership online is one of the essential drivers in achieving Making goals.
Practical operational skills, including mechanical and electrical experience:
Working as part of a manufacturing line crew, this role provides hands-on assistance with various processing being completed on our filling and packing lines.
- Understand and solve production and equipment related issues.
- Have a high level of personal accountability and ownership for results, not being afraid to tackle challenging tasks.
- Looks for ways to improve equipment reliability and suggest and implement changes that will help grow the business.
- Be a team player who can work collaboratively with teams across an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to clean, operate and maintain equipment.
- A willingness to share knowledge
- Participate in team tasks and activities to achieve desired results.
- Create, own and improve systems.
- Own overall line/area standards during shifts.
- Ability to respect and follow processes and standards.
- Have a high regard for Health and Safety.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 GCSE at grade C or above (preferably to include Maths and English)
- Aptitude test at the appropriate level of numeracy and literacy
- At least two years' experience in a field appropriate to the role of FMCG, is preferable
- Two years experience within a FMCG environment
- Pro-active Personal Drive
- Team working skills
- An understanding of the importance of Quality and Customer Service
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Literacy and numeracy
- Be prepared to work flexible working patterns throughout the 24hr period