An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Assistant Brand Agile Innovation Managerbased at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 Months, working a 36.25-hour week. This role is paying between £32,400, and up to £40,500 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
We a Assistant Brand Innovation Manager role available in our Foods division with the potential to work across our entire portfolio of Savoury, Dressings, Snacking and Ice Cream brands. Key objectives of the marketing team overall is to assist in delivering sustainable growth of the UKI Foods brands through building brilliant brand experiences and delivering portfolio and channel transformation.
This part of the role is focused typically on a single brand, building a depth of understanding of it and its consumers that allows the creation of world class brand experiences, facilitated through data and precision marketing. The subsequent brand equity growth will be measured via key brand health metric's and P&L delivery.
Category Strategy and Innovation Acceleration
This part of the role focusses on depth of knowledge of category strategy building on understanding of Food Trends and brand innovation building on in depth understanding of changing consumer needs and NRM programmes. Through a deep understanding of the innovation process and an ability to efficiently project manage initiatives through the network, the KPI's for this role are based on delivering a better and faster innovation funnel, Net Revenue Realisation and the delivery of the Foods 12QTR plan OTIF.
- Embody the lean-like-a-start-up innovation approach and mindset, to help deliver relevant and impactful innovation to market at speed.
- Champion competitive and entrepreneurial behaviour and mindset throughout the business, and translate it into targeted innovation activities that grow Food's share in market
- Support Innovation Lead in developing share-winning category strategy, tapping into category understanding, food trends across different segments and deep understanding of consumer changing eating habits
- Take ownership, lead and project manage innovation/renovation/Net Revenue Realisation projects, working closely with the innovation engine to bring products to market OTIF including creating trade stories. This will need excellent project management skills and strong relationship-forming with cross functional teams.
- Implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product and format innovation and channel specific portfolio
- Manage innovation budget and adopt a startup mindset when planning consumer research and testing
- Support building an Innovation Acceleration team that is future focused
- To be a true leader for the business, using competitive analysis, consumer insight and research to ensure UKI Foods is winning against the competition and delivering on its full year growth targets
Key skills/Experience required:
- FMCG experience essential for this role
- The ability to work confidently with multiple cross functional teams across geographies, with strong communication, presentation and stakeholders influencing abilities.
- Must have strong project management skills, high numeracy and data analysis for insight development. Strong project management skill is key for this specific role
- Have a passion for brands, be able to demonstrate Standards of Leadership and champion the consumer, shopper and customer in everything they do. A sense of curiosity is key in understanding the people we serve at a deeper level
- Able to demonstrate their deep sense of creativity and logic, ambition, organisational and analytical skills, a head for figures and great instincts, along with a desire to get stuck in and actually make things happen through their can-do attitude.
- Resilience, team orientation, ability to navigate through ambiguous and complex situations and taking initiatives are key
- Ambitious to learn as well as a real proactivity in their own development - learning as much as they can about Marketing as a function as well as bringing new start up ways of thinking and behaving
- Build relationships and demonstrate strength at motivating and influencing others to deliver their projects to a high standard and at pace.
- The right candidate will be highly motivated and capable of leaning in to support the team on wider portfolio tasks.
- They will also have a strong strategic understanding of the "triple win", understanding how to build strong ideas that benefit the consumer, customer and our business, to deliver initiatives with strong and compelling trade stories as well as strong consumer demand.