Head of Governance
£45k per annum
We are currently recruiting for a very exciting role for one of our prestigious clients based in the outskirts of Exeter. This is initially a three-month contract, however the possibility for extension or a permanent role is likely, our client is looking for someone to start with immediate effect. You will be expected to be a part of the business rota which will require you to work some weekends and evenings on a rota basis coupled with an element of telephone on call. You may be required to attend meetings both within the physical boundaries of services provided by the business as well as representing the organisation at national forums.
You will be report to the Director of Governance and Shared Services for all aspects of clinical and operational governance across client's network. You will work in close partnership with managers, staff and other health and social care professionals to facilitate the delivery of a high quality, patient centred, and effective service. As well as leading on quality improvement initiatives, implementing quality, safety and risk across the organisation, including the embedding of quality improvement and clinical effectiveness at all levels of the organisation.
* Provide advice as required on quality and safety issues in accordance with local and national policy and statutory guidance.
* Work collaboratively with others in developing a culture which embeds clinical quality, patient safety and clinical effectiveness and monitors its impact to ensure continuous improvement.
* Work collaboratively with others to ensure communication of performance reaches all staff, working with all teams to address any variations in best practice and cascade learning.
* Utilise resources effectively in line with departmental budgets.
* Participate in the development and implementation of programmes of education and training throughout the organisation.
* Manage the administration and investigation of complaints in line with the organisational Complaints Policy and national guidelines.
* Produce Reports on performance, governance and audit direct to the Board of Directors and to the Boards of subsidiary Companies within the group.
* Coordinate the delivery of actions identified from Significant and Serious Incidents to ensure full compliance with identified recommendations.
* Support the Directors with audits.
* Support the Directors and Director of Governance and Shared Services where poor performance is identified in dealing appropriately with the issues raised.
* Support Operational and HR Managers in audits and support those managers where poor performance is identified in dealing appropriately with the issues raised.
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent vocational qualification or experience
* Full driving licence
* DATIX experience
* Extensive knowledge of Governance principles and practices
* Understanding of the organisation of delivery of healthcare services
* Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators and compliance against quality/risk/effectiveness agendas
* Experience of writing policies and procedures
* Experience of staff management
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work autonomously or as part of an integrated team
* Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities appropriately whilst managing business risk
* Excellent planning skills and ability to work to specific timescales
* Ability to lead, motivate and influence staff at all levels through high levels of interpersonal skills/ knowledge and professionalism
* Positive attitude to learning and development which will be demonstrated by an up to date record of continuing professional development
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions
* Strives to achieve targets and goals as well as demonstrating resilience to difficulties
* Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels