An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Dove, are currently seeking an experienced Packaging Project Lead, based at their Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 37.5 hour week, paying up to £34,247 per annum pro rata.
The European Skin Care Design Team is looking for an experienced Packaging Project Lead to join our product development team to contribute to the success of our global and local brands in the babycare category.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
Be an integral part of a large global organisation, while linking local country requirements to a global strategy.
Problem solve and trouble shoot packaging conundrums.
Collaborate with the packaging team, while being an integral part of a cross functional team, partnering with supply chain, factories, marketing, and procurement.
- Packaging workstream leader on innovation projects, leading project through full end to end processes.
- Lead the primary and secondary packaging developed for the projects ensuring robust, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions are selected.
- Lead the development and design of pallet layouts and ensure rigorous assessments are carried out to ensure they meet the supply chain needs.
- Responsible for all lab testing on the projects including Ecommerce.
- This role will work closely with other functions, such as procurement and supply chain, to create, develop and deliver product solutions.
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and functions to deliver. against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
- Write packaging specifications ensuring they meet required standards.
- Relevant experience in packaging development and crucially project management or leading a project
- Experienced in design and managing testing plans, lab testing, and report writing.
- Skilled and comfortable working in a digital environment
- A creative, logical, and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
- Ability to respond quickly to change in priorities
- You will need to be self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.