An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Logistics Operations Coordinator, based at their Leatherhead site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 36.25 hour week, paying up to £40,000 per annum.
We are currently in an exciting and challenging period for logistics Ireland due to the changes that are taking place with Brexit across all logistics operations.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that all operations into Ireland are meeting customer needs with the highest level of service, working closely with our third party logistics providers.
In parallel, the role will be responsible for reviewing and proposing changes to optimise our network and deliver service to customers by the most efficient means.
This is a unique opportunity with high exposure within the business and the ability to influence key stakeholders with future design for Irish logistics and service.
- Lead the logistics operations for Ireland including transport and warehousing
- Key interface between logistics, plan and customer service
- Manage 3PLPs to meet service, performance and cost KPIs
- Update the business on Ireland logistics performance to identify and help to execute areas for improvement
- Must have a background in supply chain logistics and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of E2E processes
- The candidate must demonstrate successful operational delivery and continuous improvement
- Needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently whilst also keeping the wider stakeholders engaged
- Excellent communication and team skills are essential
- Good organisational awareness and ability to build collaborative networks across the business
- Commercial awareness management of budget an advantage
- System knowledge or a quick learner of IT capability, need to be able to use EXCEL V-Lookups to draw insights from the data and make process improvement recommendations.