Electrical Designer (EC&I)
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit an EC&I Designer based at our new facility on the Birchwood Business Park, Warrington. You will join a team that has vast experience in EC&I Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
Within this position you will be involved with highly complex nuclear projects for our decommissioning clients providing in-depth electrical design services from initial concept straight through to in-service support.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
Role requirements & duties
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
- Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Promote effective co-operation across Design and other functional teams
- Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews
- Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries
- Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE) requirement, during and post project
- Maintain individual knowledge of current best practice in application of designer expertise across the design lifecycle, including customs and standards. Promote a culture of best practice in design expertise and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change
- Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
What else do I need to know?
- The role will be based at Warrington.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.