Manpower are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to join a well established company based in Peterborough.
The Software Engineer will usually work as part of project team and will be the author of software
included in a control system. The project team is lead by a project leader. The Software Engineer reports to the project leader in all project-related matters and to the production manager in all administrative matters.
To carry out his part of the project (specify, plan, test and commission control systems in conjunction with the customer, provide after sales service and customer training) within the quoted specification, timescale and cost targets.
- To complete his part of the project applying the procedures, guidelines, forms and examples stipulated in the quality assurance system.
- To maintain job files under the supervision of the project leader.
- To procure help on the technical and resource matters from the project leader.
- To inform project leader / production manager about absences in good time.
- To make secure backups of all code modules and data on appropriate media.
- To attend the employee meetings.
- To suggest improvements in all matters (technical, quality, etc.).
- To try to secure good relationships with customers and members of staff.
- To procure help in general affairs from any manager.
- To submit signed time sheets weekly and inform project leaders in case of abnormality.
- To give technical support to sales activities (quotations, etc.).
- For the quality, economy and completeness of his part of the tasks assigned.
- To implement his part of the project within the quoted and agreed cost targets, timescale and quality. Quality means the fulfilment of the customer's requirements.