HGV Technician - Nights
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7pm - 6am (night shift pattern)
Hourly rate: £12.81 (plus a weekly shift allowance of £74.55)
Our client is currently recruiting for a HGV Technician to come and join their team in Widnes.
Your main responsibilities would be to carry out workshop maintenance tasks including servicing, inspections, defect repairs, MOT preparations and breakdown repair. You will be expected to have a full understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance.
- Routine vehicle maintenance.
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for MOT test.
- Competent in use of diagnostic equipment.
- Attending roadside breakdowns.
- Carrying out diagnostics & repairs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Legislation on vehicle road worthiness/ MOT standards.
- Strong commitment and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
Previous workshop-based HGV repair/maintenance experience.