Hours of work: 4 on 4 off shift pattern (42 hours per week - 12-hour days)
Hourly rate: £12.81 (plus a weekly shift allowance of £62.13)
Our client are currently recruiting for a HGV Technician to come and join their team in Widnes.
Your main responsibilities would be to carry out workshop maintenance tasks including servicing, inspections, defect repairs, MOT preparations and breakdown repair. You will be expected to have a full understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance.
- Routine vehicle maintenance.
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for MOT test.
- Competent in use of diagnostic equipment.
- Attending roadside breakdowns.
- Carrying out diagnostics & repairs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Legislation on vehicle road worthiness/ MOT standards.
- Strong commitment and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Previous workshop-based HGV repair/maintenance experience.