Compressed Air - Field Service Engineer
Location: Larbert with travel as required
Business Unit: Energy & Marine Services
About the role
Babcock API are part of the Babcock International Plc Group and operate a specialist Support Services business out of Larbert, providing utility & process equipment through life support.
The business is looking to recruit an experienced Compressed Air Field Service Engineer to add to the existing multi-skilled support team at Larbert.
As a Compressed Air Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing all types of compressed air systems. You will be based mainly within the Central Belt area of Scotland, but may be required to travel out with these areas on occasion. This role would suit candidates with experience in dealing with multi-type/multi-manufacturer Compressed Air Systems equipment, and be qualified to a suitable level.
In addition to planned calls, you will attend reactive and out of hours calls as required on a rota basis. You will also be tasked providing recommendations on changes for cost savings and performance improvements. The successful candidate will be expected to seek additional works.
* Complete planned preventative maintenance tasks on site plant
* Complete planned and reactive service tasks.
* Fault diagnosis.
* Attend out-of-hours call outs.
* Provide recommendations to the service manager on changes for cost savings and performance improvements.
* Complete project works as instructed by the projects manager.
* Provide Compressed Air Systems expertise to the client.
* Additional works.
* Potentially working away on occasion.
What do I need to do the role?
* Full UK clean driving license.
* Knowledge of the compressed air industry an advantage.
* Successful candidates will need to satisfy security clearance requirements.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.