Job Title: Mechanical Fitter (Valves)
Business Unit: Energy & Marine
About the role
Babcock API are part of the Babcock International Plc Group and operate a specialist Support Services business out of Larbert, providing utility & process equipment through life support.
The business is looking to recruit experienced Valve Engineers (Fitters) to add to the existing multi-skilled support team at Larbert and Rosyth. The work scope will involve examination and assessment, repair and refurbishment and finally regulatory testing on completion of marine valves.
Reporting to the engineering supervisor, the role requires a mechanical engineer with a preferred background in marine valves with experience in all aspects of valve repair and overhaul.
* You will have a strong knowledge and understanding of dismantling, assessment and repair of valve commodities
* You will be experienced in the process of refurbishment techniques and final assembly processes.
* Valve testing on a test-rig will be expected on all completed valves prior to official certification.
* You will know when a valve or component is considered beyond economical repair (BER) and report accordingly
* Experienced in engineering drawings to assess valve build and test requirements
* Technical input to the defect condition reports.
* Engineering improvement and enhancements will form part of your expectations
What do I need to do the role?
* Due to the technical nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate have previous experience working within an environment dealing with the repair and overhaul of valve systems.
* Past experience in engineering repair and overhaul environments preferred.
* The role requires constant interface with software packages used by the department. Experience in all Microsoft office packages as a minimum is essential.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.