Manpower are absolutely delighted to be supporting our public sector client throughout their expansion at their new Birmingham site who are now looking for multiple Procurement Advisors & Commercial Advisors with a strong background/knowledge of being able to deliver at a high standard.
Reporting directly to the Customer Service Operations Manager and Procurement Manager, predominately, the role will consist of being able to deliver procurement activities. You will take ownership of operational targets, KPI's and delivering within SLAs, working in part of a strong management team.
Analysing your own performance and creating an enhance customer experience are very important.
This is an amazing time to join as they develop a new function, in a new location with the opportunity to shape and develop how they deliver an enhanced customer experience for our wide range of customers, alongside a highly valued procurement service for low complexity procurement activities.
You will help prepare tender documentation to go out to market, help manage the tendering processes. You will negotiate contracts and assist with implementation. You will also be managing supplier relationships to extract increased value for money.
- Ability to successfully deliver procurement & commercial activity that meets the customer's need and provides value for money
- Ability to help manage a team, prioritise your own and others workloads and to undertake independent decisions with regard to own and others workloads without reference to line management
- Building and developing Customer, Supplier and internal stakeholder relationship management skills with proven communication experience and the ability to provide/obtain information, seek clarified detail, explain and implement policy and procedures
- Ability to identify gaps in performance, productivity and quality within the team and to close those gaps through coaching, training and/or performance management.
- Experience of managing accounts (Account Manager or alternatives)
- Knowledge of handling commercials and procurement
Package on offer
- £27,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience.
- Monday to Friday 9 - 5
- Working from home for the foreseeable future at present
- Generous pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 with service
- Laptop & Mobile
- Recognition scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Generous special leave provision
- 3 paid volunteering days per year
- Paid time off for public service duties
- Learning and development tailored to your role - 5 days paid learning and development leave per year
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- An extensive well-being programme, supporting mental and physical health
- Experience of the public sector or working with the public sector
- Be able to manage, coach, mentor & motivate a team of advisors, coaching and setting objectives and reviewing performance consistently, fairly and objectively.
- Experience of managing extremely high value contracts.
Applicants will all be contacted and invited to attach or include a statement of how you believe you best match up to the essential criteria listed above.