Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Controls Accountant to join their team.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Our Client have a programme of work captured under their New Finance Platform programme to deliver multiple system functionality including an accounting and AP/AR module for our core business. To support this, they have a specific Finance Workstream within the programme.
This role takes shared responsibility within the Finance workstream for the investigation of accounting activities required for the new accounting module including determining and agreeing the correct accounting treatment ensuring that key controls are captured and implemented, the writing of business requirements and completion of our internal posting books.
As new code and functionality is delivered, being responsible for the operational tasks performed within the new application including month end and balance sheet reconciliation activity and subsequent training and transfer to the Accounting Team.
A large part of the role will be cross functional working within the programme as well as our client's colleagues in the Finance Department and other workstreams within the programme therefore Stakeholder management at all levels and across different business areas is a key requirement.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on various products and a team specialist for the new application
- Understand the interaction and impact of subsidiary systems on the main accounting systems to ensure system integrity, particularly in relation to specific Balance Sheet and Profit & loss accounts, highlighting issues as necessary
- Support in the writing of business requirements, clarifying accounting treatment and process with the Accounting Team
- Drafting the process maps and procedures relating to the new processes/tasks performed by the Accounting Team
- Collaborating with the BA's, Developers and Testers in the delivery of the Accounting requirements
- Being a key participant in the Finance workstream, attending various meetings
- To complete all Accounting Balance Sheet reconciliations in a timely manner, providing summarized information for management during the transition period between development being implemented and training/handover to operational teams
- Carry out key month end tasks, including analysis in accordance with the month end timetable
- Be a primary contact for Internal/External Auditors with the ability to provide background information to the programme from a Finance perspective
- Understand the impact of operational changes to procedures and core business systems
- Support colleagues within the Finance Workstream as required
- Perform/Support UAT where appropriate to ensure that key controls are included within testing to deliver a robust solution
- Perform/Support user acceptance testing (UAT) where appropriate to ensure that key controls are included within testing to deliver a robust solution.
PRINCIPAL CONTACTS / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Finance Workstream - being an active member of the workstream to enable delivery of all business requirements, participating in project activity, creating posting books to support project delivery
- Finance Accounting - ensuring that Finance stakeholders are aware of and part of the decision making process when drafting business requirements
- IT - Business Analysts - collaborating with the BA's to write the business requirements
- External Development Team (VTX) - participating in discussions centred around the business requirements ensuring that VTX understand our requirement
- Internal/External Auditors - ensuring all audit related investigations/questions pertaining to the Finance Workstream activities are responded to
- Other Workstreams within the programme - understanding business processes that drive financial postings
Becoming the SME on core products and the new application
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- AAT qualified or part qualified Accountant
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in an accounting environment performing month end - preferably in Financial Services
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly define and investigate complex business process issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with both Finance and non-Finance staff at all levels
- Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working within a project/programme
- Working knowledge of SAP FI/CMS preferable
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Office applications (minimum Intermediate level in Excel)
- Good self-organisation with a proven methodical and disciplined approach to work
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to reactive effectively to resolve problems
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!