About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Multi-Sensory Worker. You will provide individual support to children and young people within the Multi-Sensory Impairment and Enabling Service. You will provide support in education, community and home settings to young people who have a multi-sensory impairment, are recorded as deafblind, and who may have secondary conditions including complex physical and learning disabilities. This role will include some community enabling support with children and young people with a variety of additional needs. This will be in variety of settings, include working in education settings during term time, and in the family homes and out in the community during evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Your main tasks will include:
- Creating strong, positive relationships with young people
- Supporting children's emotional wellbeing and ability to build their own resilience
- Taking responsibility for the safety, wellbeing, care and supervision of young people
- Undertaking personal care tasks as required following appropriate training to assist with feeding, moving and handling, and supporting with personal and medical needs
- Making links within educational establishments and community settings to plan activities and support the setting in managing the needs of the individual.
- Enhancing and further developing the communication with children and young people who have multi-sensory impairment.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need GCSE numeracy and literacy skills level A-C and an NVQ3 or equivalent
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Good IT skills, familiar with Word and Excel
- Good knowledge on conditions and medical needs of children with additional needs
- Experience of implementing a Total communication approach with young people
- Some knowledge in different methods of communication; British Sign Language, Braille, AAC
- Experience of working with young people with special / additional needs
- Experience of working with children who have sensory impairment
Lastly, you'll need to be able to plan and work to detailed programmes and have the ability to cover shifts at late notice and the ability to travel in line with the needs of the service
What else do I need to know?
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.