Technical Trainer - Manual Skills and Compliance - initial 2 year Fixed Term Contract
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to deliver a variety of technical training to our Industrial and Non Industrial workforce at our site in Rosyth.
Reporting to the L&D Partner, you'll be responsible for delivering all aspects of technical training relating to manual skills such as Fire Wardens, Ladder Instruction and other manual skills courses - including reviewing training material to ensure it is kept up-to-date with latest thinking and any internal changes. You'll also be responsible for delivering other aspects of technical training.
Key responsibilities include:
- To deliver Technical skills training
- To review existing technical training and working with the Technical Training team revise where required to ensure compliance with site policy and legislation
- Advise line managers on competency requirements for their teams to ensure requirements of technical training meets business need
- Keep abreast of site policy, new legislation / changes to site policy / legislation and take any necessary actions
- Deliver interventions through face to face workshops and virtual classes
- Participate in any train the trainer workshops to be able to deliver other technical workshops on site, in particular supporting refresher training and composite working
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need experience and familiarity in the design and delivery of technical training interventions, plus the ability to undergo "Train the Trainer" course in subject matters which require training interventions.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Tenacious and able to positively challenge legacy approach and stimulate change through stakeholder engagement
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Train the trainer course or a willingness to participate in the workshop
What else do I need to know?
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
You will be based at our Rosyth site, but can work at home when appropriate
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.