My Client is a successful manufacturer of quality Park homes and Leisure lodges and has been trading for over 70 years, I am currently looking to speak with CAD Design Engineers who have working within a similar industry. You will already possess an understanding of manufacturing and appreciation of design; in addition, you will have a proven track record in improving product ranges through product/component supply choice.
Areas of Responsibility : * Creation and revision of production drawings and information. * Responsible for translation of design ideas into production engineering drawings. * Maintaining current information including Bills of Materials and Manufacturing documents. * Investigate production processes and improve efficiencies. * Assist in research and development * Understand and implement regulations that are related to the product range. This includes inspections. * Investigate and process customer requirements for the Sales department. * Improve efficiencies on the production line by design and product selection. * Reduce material cost in new and current products. * Perform duties as and when directed by the supervisor.
Working directly with the Technical Manager and R&D Team
With strong links to :* Purchasing Manager * Managing Director * Production Manager * Line Managers
What you need to be successful in this role?
- Good CAD skills both in 2D and 3D, preferably AutoCAD LT
- Managing and meeting cost targets.
- An understanding of Building Regulations and prefabricated buildings preferable but not essential but should have a working knowledge of modular space & its challenges.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information.
- Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the new product process.
- Ensuring the successful integration of a new product to the production line.
- Experience in manufacturing techniques and how to improve efficiencies on a production line.
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineering solutions
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook & understanding of Manufacturing systems,
- Bills of Materials and stock codes, the selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element, providing correct and concise drawings issued to the factory.
- Experience of selecting suitable components and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality, & level of materials saves from current product line and new designs.
- Effectiveness of ideas on improving product design.
- Effectiveness of ideas on improving production efficiency.
- Progression of projects targeting new designs.
If you can demonstrate that you have experience in all of the above, long with the desire to see your finished product in sites across the UK & exported into Europe, then call me to discuss further.