Manpower are currently recruiting an HSE supervisor for our client based in Edinburgh. This role will be for 9 months initially but there is an opportunity to go temp - perm in the future.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of HSEF policies and programs in line with Company Standards
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, machine guarding (PUWER), combustible dust, ergonomics, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation under aspects and impacts
- Initiate and organise HSEF training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity
- Oversee and project manage installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, capex requirements etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy - report incidents in line with reporting procedures
- Ensure that the AOP metrics are met in a timely manner
- Drive the improvement of the management of change processes
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes using RCCA
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Proven experience as safety, health, environmental and facilities Leader minimum 5 - 10 years
- Lead by example - In depth knowledge of legislation
- Experience in HOS - green belt/ LEAN behaviours
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Proven experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Proven experience in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organisational skills - successful candidate will need to be flexible as there are occasions when they will be "called out"
- Diligent with great attention to detail - with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
Certificate in occupational health and safety (NEBOSH/IOSH), Chartered professional in RICS/ IOSH/ NEBOSH engineering
The hours of work will be 37.5 per week - 08:25am - 17:05pm (Mon - Thurs) 08:20am - 13:20pm (Friday). Candidate is expected to work full time on site in Edinburgh. Please note that there may be a small amount of travel to our client's Aylesbury site, towards the end of Q2 / start of Q3.
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please apply online today.
Drug screening is required on all successful candidates.