We have an immediate, full-time position available for a Carpenter who will support with the manufacturing and assembly of high end and bespoke coffins.
As a Production Operative, you will work as part of small growing team to take on the below tasks:
What you’ll need to do:
- Assembly of Coffins, including the use of jigs and templates.
- Use of machinery, including CNC’s, table saws and special purpose equipment.
- You will be required to work with different types of wood and be capable of using pneumatic and hand tools.
- Attention to detail in the preparation of products for lacquer/paint spraying.
- Comply with the Dignity Health + Safety Policy ensuring high safety standards are always being met.
- Occasional requirement to work on the main production line.
What we will need from you:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of semi-skilled joinery or assembly involving wood products.
- Trained in safe working practices.
- Production team experience with volume manufacturing would be desirable.
- Good communications skills
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 4pm
- £18,137.60 per annum + bonus (OTE £27,000): Salary Dependant on skills & Experience
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
- Overtime offered
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.