CAD Designer - Wigan - £25-30k
Do you have previous experience designing modular buildings/caravans/prefabs and furniture?
Are you conversant with both 2D and 3D, preferably with AutoCAD LT?
My Client is a successful manufacturer of quality homes and lodges and have been trading for over 70 years. I am currently looking to speak with CAD Design Engineers who have worked within a similar industry. You will already possess an understanding of manufacturing and appreciation of design; in addition, you will have a proven track record in improving product ranges.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Creation and revision of production drawings and information.
- Responsible for translation of design ideas into production engineering drawings.
- Maintaining current information including Bills of Materials and manufacturing documents.
- Investigate production processes and improve efficiencies.
- Assist in research and development
- Understand and implement regulations that are related to the product range. This includes inspections.
- Investigate and process customer requirements for the Sales department.
- Improve efficiencies on the production line by design and product selection.
- Reduce material cost in new and current products.
- Perform duties as and when directed by the supervisor.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent CAD skills both in 2D and 3D, preferably AutoCAD LT
- An understanding of Building Regulations and working knowledge of modular space & its challenges.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information.
- Participating in design reviews throughout each phase of the new product process.
- Ensuring the successful integration of a new product to the production line.
- Experience in manufacturing techniques and how to improve efficiencies on a production line.
Apply today and we can arrange a call to discuss further.