Parts Planning Manager
Park Royal, London with travel to other London sites in Woolwich and Rainham
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Parts Planning Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. There is potential for this role to go permanent too.
You will work for a FTSE 250 company supporting fleets of emergency services vehicles across the UK. The newly created position is based central London and will cover sites across the capital and wider UK.
Your main duties include leading the planning and developing of the end-to-end supply chain; S&OP adherence and inventory/stock replenishments. You will play a key role in supporting the development and implementation of the new ERP system. Your day to day role will involve detailed planning activity and hands on configuration management responsibilities including the development of policies and procedures, training users and data analysis/reporting.
- Management of the implementation of engineering change through the business through effective development of processes, procedures and workflow for configuration planning.
- Collating and manipulating data to support the team to make improvements and add value to processes, planning and documentation, as well as making effective use of data collated.
- Participates in the transfer of new platforms from manufacturing into fleet maintenance
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory system demands.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need thorough knowledge of parts configuration management areas such as Change Control, Document Control, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Product Data Management (PDM) applications, have experience of a manufacturing (ideally automotive) environment with understanding of bill of materials (BOMs), strong understanding of Planning and planning systems and strong MS Excel skills.
We would ideally like you to come from a manufacturing background, ideally Automotive but would consider other sectors including Aerospace, also from a material planning or production planning background within the manufacturing industry and has previous experience directly or been part of a team that has implemented parts and inventory management process.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.