A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our client's site in Yeovil This role is full time temporary until August 2021, which may lead to a permanent role. The rate of pay is between £70-£80 per hour depending on experience, working Monday to Friday during the hours of 7.00am - 7.00pm (Flexi Day) 37 hours a week.
**All successful candidates will be subject to a drug test and security screening process prior to starting on site**
- Executing the development or verification activities for aerospace software projects
- Work products to satisfy the objectives of the internationally recognised guidelines RTCA DO 178B/C
- Work products to satisfy the Aerospace process requirements of the organisation.
- Strategic planning to maximise the re-use of in-development and existing work products and identification of the tools and resource needs for the project.
- As a developer/verifier you will become responsible for the overall execution of the Software Development Process's or Software Verification Process's per the approved plan and the applicable processes and standards.
- Provide plan updates and complete the acceptance and approval of the work-products generated by the project team.
- Selection or development of software architecture
- Development of software design, Software implementation and integration
- Establishing and maintaining traceability between the work-products (system requirements to software requirements, software requirements to software design etc.)
- Generation of test cases at each test level to adequately verify the operation of the software and to obtain the appropriate test coverage
- Verification of all work-products produced by the development process
- Verification of the traceability between work-products produced by the development process.
- Software Certification; for projects for which the candidate has been allocated the role of lead developer/verifier, you may be responsible for:
- Generating the Plan for Software Aspects of Certification
- Resolving certification issues identified by the customer, certification authority or representative and
generating the Software Accomplishment Summary
- Investigate the causes of any software defects, report findings and recommendations to management/process groups and if necessary support process changes.
- Participate in global process improvement and standardisation initiatives
- Participate in global tool standardisation initiatives
- You may occasionally be required to provide support to customers (internal and external), possibly off-site.
Skills and Experience
- Degree (BSc) or equivalent in software development, maths or electronics preferred.
- Experience of developing and verifying software throughout the software life-cycle (requirements capture, specification, design, implementation, support).
- Ideally in embedded aerospace applications though a thorough understanding of the 'C' programming language is essential.
- An excellent understanding of DO178B/C is preferred.
- The ability to read circuit diagrams or schematics and to use electronics development and test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analysers, debuggers etc.) would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of using the following, or similar software tools would also be beneficial:
- Serena ChangeMan Dimensions requirements management
- Rational ClearCase / ClearQuest application workflow development environment
- Unicom System Architect and/or Rhapsody architecture frameworks
- VectorCAST embedded software test environment
- QA C and/or LDRA Test Bed verification tools