PMO Cost & Data Modeller
Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
Starting Salary: £36,525 - £40,995
About the role
We're looking for a PMO Cost & Data Modeller to join a developing Programme Management Organisation (PMO) within our Warships business unit at HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
As the Cost and Data Modeller, you will manage a Class Cost Model to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables to meet contractual requirements and emergent requests. Additionally, you will develop, produce and continually improve the Class Cost Model and other Business Support processes.
The purpose of this role is to create, develop, and utilise financial and other analytical models and analysis to support the viability, scoping, and implementation of projects and programmes. Whilst continually looking to increase the effectiveness of projects and ensure delivery to cost, schedule, and a number of other criteria to meet expectations.
Using your experience, you will:
- Maintain a concise compilation of commercial and financial positions, provide commentary on variances, risks and issues
- Support target setting
- Undertake/ maintain analysis of performance.
- Support production of mid-year /end of year reports and continuous improvement activities
- Produce cost estimates and forecasts
What do I need to do the role?
You will ideally have a Finance, Engineering or Business Qualification and IPMA/ APM Level D Project Management or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Experience of large scale programme/project delivery environment
- Experience of explaining complex financials to a range of stakeholders
- Significant experience in financial modelling, forecasting and evaluation including the use of EVM, SRA & CRA.
- Demonstrable financial awareness
- Knowledge and experience of working in partnering and collaborative working environments with customers and other companies
- Knowledge and experience of controlling classified and sensitive information
- Knowledge and experience of Programme Management Office / P3O,
- Experience in investment appraisal and ROI models.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
It is unlikely that shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview in the first instance. Interviews will be held by phone, or you may be asked to complete an online interview. More information will be provided regarding the format by the recruitment team.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.