We have an immediate, position available for a Part Time Mobile Funeral Administrator, an essential keyworker for the last line of care. Salary dependent upon skills and experience.
As a Part Time Mobile Funeral Administrator, your role is predominantly client facing, providing the first point of contact for bereaved family and friends of the deceased. You will work as part of a small team, holding excellent customer service skills as you support with the arranging of a funeral, acting with empathy and compassion always. Hours of work are 9am -5pm Monday & Tuesday, Wednesday 9am – 1pm.
What you’ll need to do:
- Taking initial enquires from clients, taking a full brief and establishing rapport
- Undertaking all associated funeral administration duties
- Escort families to the chapel of rest and be present at the viewing
- Remain the point of contact with families until hand over to the Funeral Directors on the day of funerals
- Supporting on any ad-hoc duties
- Travel to another local site to support as and when required
What we’ll need from you:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, both in person and remotely
- Experience using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Comfortable coming into contact with the deceased through the Chapel of Rest
- Presentable at all times, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Flexible approach to the part-time working hours
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check
- Driving Licence essential
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (PRO RATA)
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.
Fixed term Contract – 12months: 19.3 hours per week