Vehicle Conversion Specialist
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Vehical Conversion Specialist.
We have an opportunity for a skilled trades professional to work within the vehicle conversion workshop at Babcock International.
We are keen to speak with skilled trades professionals from a hands on trades background to include, carpentry, kitchen/shop fitters, professional DIY experts or automotive vehicle conversion specialists.
You will be responsible for converting new and used vehicles ranging from small vans to HGV vehicles. The conversion will consist of refitting and converting the interior of vehicle for specialist use.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Construction of bespoke vehicle conversions.
- Fault finding and rectification.
- Removal and refitting of interior trims, light mechanical work.
- Upgraded glass fitment, removal and refitting of interior trims.
- General modifications to original vehicle build.
You'll also work to vehicle build specifications.
What do I need do the role?
- Read and interpret engineering plans and diagrams.
- Fault finding and rectification work.
- Removal and fitting of seats, panels, roof lining, door cards, interior trim, carpets, switch gear, light clusters and bumpers.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative, or as part of a team to achieve desired results
- Specific Training, Qualifications and Experience needed to be able to evidence the Competences listed above
- NVQ level2 (or min 3 years Commercial vehicle conversions experience) or qualification within carpentry/ shop fitting
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 09/02/2021