Advert Title: Administrative Officers
Salary: £10.54 hourly rate + 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (accrued pro rata)
Location: Ashford International Truck Stop, Waterbrook Avenue, Ashford TN24 0GB
Job Type: Full Time Temporary, average 35.7 paid hours per week over a five-week, continental shift pattern which cover 24 hours of the day
Start Date: 15th February
Long term, temporary roles are available now with our client, HMRC. They are looking for Administrative Officers to support with the transition period as the UK moves to operating a full, external border as a sovereign nation.
As part of a team, you will work to carry out a range of documentary functions on goods before they are cleared in to and from the United Kingdom. You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties as you support the nation in this critical time. The role is based at one specific location and requests for home and remote working will not be possible.
Things you need to know:
- This role covers shifts patterns; Morning, Afternoon and Night. Hours are 0700 -1530, 1500-2330 ,2300-0730 and the rate of pay reflects these working hours.
- The role requires you to undertake a Safety course to work on site.
- You will need to undergo a full DBS Criminal record check and therefore need a valid/in-date passport; Manpower will cover the cost of the DBS.
- Due to location of the site you will need to have your own transport due to poor local transport links.
What you'll need to do:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers
- Gathering information directly from customers accurately
- Inputting information into systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolving issues/queries or escalating to a line manager as necessary
What we'll need from you:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment
- Willing for a Health provider to assess your ability to carry out the role safely and effectively
- Ability to work a continental shift pattern which includes early, late and night shifts
- Due to location own transport is required but transport by Manpower may be available from Folkestone, Canterbury and Dover in certain circumstances
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata).
- Full training will be provided
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to apply now via the link below and our team will be in touch.