An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Ben & Jerry's and Carte D'Or are currently seeking a Quality Innovation Lead, based at their Gloucester site. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 Months, 37.50 hour week, paying between £35,000 - £40,000k per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
The role holder is responsible for the implementation of Quality and Food Safety Management Systems for product innovations on the new Gloucester production lines. This is a key management position within the QA Team bringing technical knowledge, tenacity and a professional approach to ensure that quality standards are implemented for the innovations being introduced on the pint line. A day-based role but with the flexibility and drive to support the factory as and when business needs require.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Implementation of the relevant quality management systems including the documentation of procedures, policies, standards and records in line with established FSSC certification and Unilever standards such as Dairy Free and/or Vegan production, FDA approval for potential USA export, Kosher Certification, Halal Certification, Fair Trade.
- Developing the quality training programme to educate staff about relevant aspects of the QMS and standards relating to new production facilities and innovations.
- Developing the commissioning plans at for product acceptance at first production, working with technical, project & R&D functions.
- Lead and co-ordinate the implementation of Dairy Free production.
- Representing the site quality function to the project management team and to the European/Global working groups.
Defining controls, inspections, sampling plans and traceability requirements to manage risks from food allergen, microbiological, physical and chemical contamination.Develop cleaning procedures specific to the innovations and new equipmentDefine quality parameters e.g. CRQS, weights/volumesDevelopment of HACCP plansManage positive release of new products
- Educated to degree level the job holder will have a strong technical background and understanding of food safety management requirements.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in Quality Assurance/Laboratory and food safety management.
- A real leader and a dynamic individual who is prepared to drive the implementation of innovations.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Competence in standard Microsoft applications
- Competence in SAP applications would be an advantage
- Driving Licence holder would be an advantage
- Some weekend / out of hours working, so need to be flexible