Manpower are currently working with an independant logistics provider who are looking for an experienced Customs Clearance Manager to head up their new on site Customs team, they are looking for someone to come in and build a new team from the ground up, including external hires and training of staff in different departments to make a career switch.
Salary bracket on offer is very much negotiable as it is all about getting the right person on board to help guide this great provider move forward. Estimated around £50,000 per annum.
Duties of the role:
- Set up the brand-new Custom Clearance department
- Recruit from internal and external applicants as new team members
- An escalated point of contact for customs clearance concerns
- Leading the customs clearance team and supporting them where needed
- To ensure all aspects of customs clearances are processed efficiently and accurately
- Working closely with existing internal and developing external customer opportunities
- Managing the use of existing customs systems and advising on new and alternative systems
- Plan, manage and control the departments day to day running and activities
- Be central to the application for HMRC Full and Temporary site bond
- Management of transit guarantee and deferments
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements
- Advanced customs experience is required
- Management or supervisory experience
- To have knowledge of tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations
- Knowledge of dealings with EU + Non EU.
Please apply below or get in touch with the Manpower branch in Birmingham if you would like to be considered.