An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Assistant Procurement Manager to be based in Port Sunlight, Wirral (to commence working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 10-12 months, paying between £38,000 - £40,000k pro rata, per annum depending on experience.
Please note, an ASAP start is required.
This position is part of the Global Closures and Assemblies team and part of Global Packaging Rigids and Plastics Procurement organisation. The team manages Global strategy for the supply of closures and assemblies across different Clusters. This includes management of current and new closures and assemblies supply required as part of the Innovation program.
The procurement process involves good understanding of the feedstock markets and close alignment with both internal and external stakeholders. The role would encompass both business, supply chain and procurement skill sets.
Purpose of Job:
- Provide support and contribute to procurement initiatives for the portfolio assigned
- Responsible for delivery of Procurement Key Performance Indicators such as Value Improvement Programs, Innovation Delivery, Payment Terms Extension, Cost Target, Gross Margin Improvement, Reduce Plastics in line with sourcing strategies and compliance management
- To support the development and implementation of procurement strategies and policies portfolio
- To represent the procurement function to ensure that other functional areas (e.g. Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain) receive quality, timely procurement service and assistance
- To lead or co-ordinate large procurement projects by him/herself as needed and support the rationalization of suppliers, materials and services that meet U/L business requirements. To identify, develop and manage strategic business relationships to enable implementation of the U/L growth strategy, revenue achievement and Innovation initiatives.
- To build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- To provide expertise and drive implementation of the identified metrics, tools and processes to optimise procurement activities.
- To manage supply chain issues (e.g. incident management, Resilience) and handle diverse customer, supplier or operational issues when they arise.
- Responsible for delivery of Procurement Key Performance Indicators such as Value Improvement Programs, Innovation Delivery, Payment Terms Extension, Cost Target, Gross Margin Improvement, Sustainability, Reduce Plastics in line with sourcing strategies and compliance management
- Supply Market Intelligence and Analysis - Collecting Relevant Information; Analysing Supply and Demand Market Behaviour and Understanding Key Cost Drivers and Price Trends
- Support the Procurement Manager on Strategy Development and Implementation, Formulating and Implementing the Sourcing Strategy, Communicating Supply Management Strategies and support Partner to Win related activities
- Responsible to Categories with regards to strategy, supplier management and be the first point of contact to Categories in helping land innovation projects.
- Managing Alliances and Relationships (e.g. managing the Ongoing Relationship to Deliver Value to the Business)
- To be custodian of the team project databases
- Lead / support negotiations with suppliers and help create the negotiation papers
- Coordinate Category projects including the issue of RFQ's (Request for Quotations) / eTenders and subsequent analysis of results.
- Support the financial analysis of the portfolio, including material and price benchmarking and total cost analysis
- Create and support in development of contracts post completion of negotiation and ensure Global UPA's (U/L Purchase agreements) are in place.
- Mould Management: Provide support on Mould Health of closure moulds
- Continuously support to improve ways of working and help drive digital transformation projects within the team
- Track key savings initiatives and work closely with Cluster teams to create the strong funnel through S Curve
- Drive Rigids and Plastics agenda to Reduce Plastic through sustainable alternates, PCR (Post Consumer Recycled) and light weighting and overall USLP (U/L Sustainable Living Plan)
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers & internal customers/stakeholders
- Support complexity reduction programs
- Support Procurement Director, Procurement managers on presentations and updates for internal and external audience
- 3 to 5 years experience in supply chain and or Procurement experience is highly preferable
- Able to work in fast paced global environment and manage timelines
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of business economics
- Partnering with Suppliers to Win
- Driving sustainability through Procurement
- Basic understanding of International Trade - Duties, Taxes, and barriers
- Limited UK travel