An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Dove, are currently seeking a Product Performance Scientist, based at their Port Sunlight Research site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 37.5 hour week, paying £25,536 per annum.
Unfortunately we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
Our FMCG client has set out to make a difference to those big issues that matter most to their business and to the world. Their goal: transformational change. Part of the transformational change agenda is to transform the way they design their products to ensure they deliver both to consumers needs and their sustainability agenda. They believe that modelling and digital product design is the way forward.
Fabric Enhancers is an exciting category with a big ambition, requiring new innovations to develop products that keep clothes, looking, feeling and smelling great wash after wash to extend the life of clothes.
The R&D Global Design Team is responsible for developing the latest technical expertise and next generation products, designing, testing and optimizing a formulation so it looks great, is stable when stored, delights the consumers and minimizes environmental impact.
You will be involved in the experimental programme to build the digital tools that will enable the design and optimisation of the next generation products to care for and enhance our consumers clothes from an in-silico first basis.
About the Role:
- Design and conduct formulation and product evaluation experiments.
- Data analytics: Following a Design of Experiments, capturing data in structured format and reporting accurately.
- Contribute to building predictive models using interfaces such as Excel, JMP, Data Visualisation tools and communicate with the team and wider R&D community
- Technical education Degree (BSc or MSc) in related scientific subjects (Chemistry, Physical Sciences, Material Science, Measurement Science)
- Practical laboratory experience, experimental design, statistical data analysis and data interpretation
- Ability to interpret complex data for concise, clear insights and conclusions and communication to a variety of audiences