An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Global Procurement Assistant Manager to be based in Port Sunlight, Wirral (to commence working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, paying up to £41,686 pro rata, per annum depending on experience.
Please note, an ASAP start is required.
- Fragrance sourcing and strategies from Skin Care and Skin Cleansing category perspective.
- Negotiate your assigned projects for your region and category.
- Support the fragrance material supply strategies NoAm and LATAM across all fragrance categories.
- Discover and deliver insights that supports the F&F global strategy in the area of supplier relationship, negotiation, innovation, savings program, contract management, compliance and Quality & Service.
- The candidate will help the F&F team to use data for better business decisions and help the team thrive in a rapidly evolving digital world.
- You are expected to be a self-starter and dependable to manage large global work-streams across all categories and act as first-point of contact for activities that directly fall under your remit.
Co-responsible together with the F&F Team for achieving all the targets. Monitor target delivery (analysis on VIP savings, cash generation, Price-to-Price movement, complexity reduction).Lead and manage global innovation, value improvement and supply stability projects, specifically focusing on the global Skin Care and Skin Cleansing category, whilst interacting with multiple functional stakeholdersLead cross-category global work-streams to drive improvements within quality & service, compliance, payment on time and specifications. Serve as a subject matter expert within the F&F team, identify trends and support escalation for issues in these work-streams.Support the procurement managers with x-category data analytics for annual price negotiation, as well as other internal/external meetings. As part of the Partner to Win program coordinate the data preparation of re-occurring joint business development meetings with flavor houses. Maintain master database aligning regional and global information.Identify metrics, tools and processes to optimize ways of working. Collaborate both internally with-in team/U/L and externally with supplier to share best practice analysis. Look out for what is new and coming in the world of digital and pilot in F&F when relevant.Responsibility for managing all reporting of VIP savings, contract management and CLM, forecasting and pricing data management for responsible categories and clusters.
Support a complex Fragrance portfolio, across multiple markets and categories. Strategic influencing skills are required.Balance conflicting priorities, including savings, supply security projects and negotiations.A strong analytical ability is required to work with data. Need to be organized and detail oriented. Clear and accurate in providing information to internal stakeholders and suppliers. Translate data and complex ideas into an understandable document.Gather Market Intelligence, research and understand supply market dynamics, conduct benchmarking exercises. Support quarterly material price forecasting process.
Professional Skills Required;
- This position requires ideally a minimum of 2 years of experience in any of the following areas: Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance, R&D
- High level interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to manage challenging agenda and workload
- Ability to analyze existing tools and database and provide solution recommendations
- Internal and external stakeholder management and influencing is a key activity
Education & Training;
- BA/BS University Degree
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP (beneficial)