An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading utilities supplier as a Store's Person, our client is currently seeking a Store's Person, based in Manchester. M35 area. This a 40 hour per week, full-time temporary ongoing contract paying £9.30 per hour. The working hours are between 07.30am - 16.15pm Monday to Friday.
- Working as part of a logistics team and assisting the Site Controller, you'll be responsible for picking, receiving and managing materials within the supply chain.
- The Store's Person will maintain an effective and compliant operation across all responsible activities and ensure adherence to all legal, operational and SHE procedures.
- Must have good communicative skills both verbally and in written form, showing a good level of numeracy and verbal reasoning. The Individuals will be interacting with internal operational customers and need to be extremely professional.
**All successful candidates will be subject to a drug and alcohol test**
- Issue and receipt of materials, plant, tools, equipment, and road traffic signs and barriers, via a warehouse management system
- Daily stock count of materials
- First point of contact for customer queries and requests
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicle
- Control of process for non- stock & PPE items
- MHE Operator of FLT / Telehandler or other such equipment
- Ensure housekeeping and 5s is carried out at stores
- Assist and support the Site Controller where necessary, with a view to tactical absence cover
- Working to site & contract specific SHESQ policies and procedures
- First point of contact for customers queries and request
- Weekly reporting non-compliance / site checks to line management
- Site waste management
- Hold current full driving licence
- Hold a Counterbalance FLT / Telehandler licence
- Knowledge of inventory stock management
- Excellent customer attitude
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Work on own initiative, proactive approach
- Keeping the stores / yard to a high standard of cleanliness and tidy
- A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations
- Pre-shift checks & fault reporting of MHE
- Hazard reporting
- Computer literate