My Client is a Global chemical and plastics manufacturer that is one of the world's leading suppliers of chemicals, plastics, synthetic fibres, and agricultural products into a variety of industries. I am looking for a R & D Technician/Chemist to work on a 12-month (min) maternity cover to work within the R & D Team - starting in May 21. Your primary responsibilities will be working on in the development of new products and solutions for new or existing customers and applications. The roles will be predominantly laboratory and office based, with the possibility for infrequent travel to participate in external plant and customer trials.
Day to day duties & expectations:
- Formulation of PU systems using existing raw materials and screening of additives.
- Understand and analyse how changes in formulation and process can impact production, quality and final product properties
- Recording of experimental information and data, and reporting of results and progress as appropriate.
- Laboratory scale sample preparation using processing equipment or pilot reactors.
- Working on new products, existing & corrective measures.
- Book & report writing
Ideally the candidate should have HNC/Degree in a science related course or have relevant proven experience working as part of a team in a laboratory environment.
What's in your work DNA?
- You have excellent numeric and good written and verbal skills
- Will be curious, and flexible in your approach to the role & environment.
- Has a strong scientific proactive approach to problem solving in product characterisation and testing, with a keen attention to detail.
- Are efficient, organised and able to work independently
- Possess effective technical & interpersonal team-working skills
The role is working 40 hours a week, & a flexible working environment is offered between 0800 - 1800, with lab functions from 0900 - 1700. You will have the full support of the Senior R & D Chemist & a collective Team of 14 colleagues to support you in your learning too.
Call me to discuss
Initially you will be based in the Birch Vale site (SK22), however, you will be a part of a transformation of the Team in their exciting move to a brand new, purpose-built building (SK8) - plenty of on site parking.