Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Recoveries Advisor to join their team.
The hourly rate is £12 per hour and you will be expected to work a 35 hour week.
Reporting into a Collections Team Leader the Collections and Recoveries Advisor will be accountable for owning the investigation, resolution and outcome of arrears cases. The role holder will be responsible for achieving positive customer outcomes and commercially balanced decision making in line with our clients policies and procedures.
The role holder will be responsible for being fully compliant with relevant legislation, including but not limited to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) and relevant Vulnerable Customer guidance.
Act as the voice of the business to our retail customer to maintain a long-term relationship during a sensitive time.
- This role provides customers with a high quality customer experience through assistance and support when the customer self-indicates or falls into financial difficulty during and after their financial services agreement.
- Take full ownership and use initiative to investigate and resolve arrears balance for customers facing financial difficulty. Where possible do so with first contact resolution and deliver a personal service making our client feel easy to do business with.
- Ability to review evidence internally and from the customer to make a commercially balanced decision.
- Taking ownership of arrears management by interfacing with external solicitors, repossession agents and debt collections agencies where appropriate.
- This role concentrates on a focussed range of processes and enquiries, with a range of potential solutions through various channels (e.g. Telephony, White mail and E-mail).
- Required to evaluate customer circumstance, inconvenience and distress in order to make the decision to achieve appropriate and proportionate resolution from a wide range of potential options
- Use personal judgement to identify when redress and negotiation is needed to resolve a first-line complaint and utilise the Limits of Authority matrix where appropriate.
- Use personal judgement to negotiate with third parties, including but not limited to: solicitors, repossession agents and debt collections agencies.
- In accordance with Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulation, where a query cannot be resolved at first instance this is required to be correctly noted on the relevant complaints software programme and escalated as appropriate.
- Actively participate in a culture that adheres to the 6 Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) outcomes as defined by the FCA.
- Meet or exceed quality targets for regular risk based quality assurance focussing on customer outcomes and address development issues arising from the feedback provided through the QA process.
- Be proficient in multiple systems in order to achieve appropriate customer and business outcomes.
- In conjunction with systems, identify the correct combination of manual processes and execute accordingly.
- Be a TCF Champion and point of escalation.
- Managing high volume workloads and prioritising accordingly to achieve agreed service levels, quality targets and operational metrics as determined by the department relating to all aspects of Collections provision and Customer Operations.
- Understand and adhere to all regulatory and both internal and external compliance based requirements. Including but not limited to Identification and Verification (ID&V) process, card payments and financial crime.
- Add value on every call and ensure that customers receive the right level of appropriate information to make informed decisions about their financial circumstances.
- Maintain accurate record keeping at all times.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full PC literacy essential, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to service levels and quality measures.
- Ability to work in a team environment whilst maintaining individual ownership.
- Confident in dealing with, and managing expectations of customers.
- Proven track record in negotiating with and influencing stakeholders and customers as appropriate.
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Confident in dealing with, and managing customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of all relevant aspects legislation/requirements including but not limited to TCF, FCA, and relevant Vulnerable Customer guidance.
- Experience of working in a Collections environment, either within financial services or another industry type.
- High level of emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Previous experience in the motor finance industry.
- Required to have good knowledge of a wide range of processes and business systems ie CRM, SAP, CMS, and Avaya.
- Collections experience within a regulated environment
- A-Level qualification.
- GCSE passes at Grade C or above, or equivalent, in Maths and English.
NO HOLIDAYS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE PEAK PERIODS
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!