Supply Team Lead
RAF Northolt, Middlesex
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Supply Team Lead.
You'll be responsible to the Site Manager (SM) for the overall direction, supervision, control and management of all activities and manpower in the following areas Tech Stores, Receipts and Despatch Section, Clothing Group, Barrack Stores, Fwd Delivery and FLAP (Fuels, Lubricants & Petroleum).
During normal day to day activities, you'll be responsible for undertaking or assisting in any task, as directed by the Site Manager, for which you'll be deemed to be competent or has been specifically authorised.
- Ensuring that all documentation is produced, maintained and recorded in accordance with Defence Logistics Framework (DLF)
- Ensuring that all subcontracts on Site are operating in accordance with Statement Contract Requirement S 14, all losses are accounted for and ensuring that those losses are investigated and only put forward for write off in accordance with write off delegations.
- Ensuring that all Supply Management checks are completed on time and MJDI alerts are scrutinised and actioned.
- Preparation of all stocktaking paperwork and promulgation of the quadrennial stocktaking programme, also, the completion of the annual stocktaking report for HQ Air Command.
- Approving all requests for GPC/LVP and ensuring that equipment is not Service Supplied or covered by Enabling Contracts.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need Supply Control Accounting Section, previous HM Forces Logistics experience and be a competent MS Office user.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we're not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.