Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Customer Accounts Specialist to join their team.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Customer Accounts Team Manager in Finance Operations, this key role will be responsible for investigating and resolution of exceptional transactions for all customer portfolios, within the agreed timescales
The role holder will define reporting capability to maximize query resolution, become the expert in knowing and anticipating what/why transactions exist on customer accounts and identify exceptions in processing (be it system/process/user error).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of sales ledger balance sheet accounts, work with key stakeholders to manage and clear aged items to ensure customer account integrity.
- Investigation and resolution of transactions on sales ledger accounts within agreed targets ensuring tolerances are fully documented and understood.
- Carry out key month end tasks, including analysis in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Identifying the refund of customer transactions within refund rules and add to the database to enable authorisation and processing of refund to the customer.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, demonstrating a robust control mechanism exists for customer account management.
- Active liaison with other departments to understand all aspects as to why transactions can occur on customer accounts, ensuring the resolution of exceptions within the agreed timescale
- Build technical knowledge of the Contract Management System, SAP FI and Excel whilst also improving product knowledge
- Utilising robust root cause analysis techniques, identify process enhancements and participate in delivering specific training programs within operational areas to correct and prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice
- Co-author and analyse business issues as they arise in order to generate Business Requirements Documents and Change Requests to deliver operational excellence.
- Provide UAT skills where required and assist Developers when requested
- Update all procedural documentation in line with NetConsent
This role will work closely with the customer facing Front Office departments Mobility, Customer Operations, New Business, Collections and Fleet in ensuring the quality and accuracy of data on customer accounts is paramount.
Stakeholder management to achieve the best outcome for both the customer and the company.
Investigate transactional information across multiple IT Systems in order to resolve complex customer and balance sheet queries.
Ensuring accuracy of reconciling sales ledger accounts and proactive to ensure prompt resolution of queried items
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of SAP FI is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications is essential with intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly define and investigate complex business process issues
- Ability to interpret transactional data and convert findings into recommendations and successful outcomes
- Be experienced in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, investigation and clearing of outstanding items
- Organised and able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
- Strong, confident and influential communicator able to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated and a strong team player, motivated by new challenges
- Highly numeric with significant financial and commercial awareness
- Reliability and accuracy in working practices is necessary
- Creative thinker with the ability to produce original ideas to automate processes and deliver operational excellence.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!