An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leader in the Medical Technology & Diagnostics field. Our client is looking to recruit a Quality Technician based in Bridgend CF31 3NA. This a full-time shift role working 12 hour shifts of 3 on / 3 off working 6am - 6pm and 6pm-6am 36.5 hours a week. This is a temporary contract for 6 months paying £10.51 per hour ASAP start required.
You will be responsible for conducting testing procedures during manufacturing processes to ensure that products comply with quality standards. To work as part of a quality team supporting and delivering on key metrics including safety and production. Involves shift operation covering a variety of processes, procedures and equipment to produce a range of Food Safety products.
- Work safely in line with behavioural safety principles
- Compliance with PPE requirements
- Testing liquids - therefore must have pipette skills.
- Work in a clean room, therefore, comply with safety standards, e.g. safety shoes, hairnets, masks, full body coverage.
- Use of SAP and in house systems
- Working with small QC team and a large production team to guide and lead production workers if they have any questions
- End products hygiene monitor kits
- Ensure that the product meets customer requirements
- Comply with the product specifications
- Carry out quality control testing at different stages of manufacturing
- Resolve problems as they occur e.g. reconciliation issues, out of specification readings
- Report any issues to Production operators/ Team Leaders / Supervisors immediately
- Ensure the Quality Management System is adhered to at all stages
- To undertake testing using standard and specialised laboratory equipment to defined procedures.
- To complete all relevant documentation.
- To communicate effectively with other departments e.g. test results.
- Learn departments processes, procedures and equipment and apply this learning consistently
- Provide a full and detailed shift handover
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of QC systems is an advantage
- Previous experience working with pipettes
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Recent experience in microbiology / Chemistry is an advantage
- Manufacturing experience minimum of 1 year
- 1-3 experience of working in a quality environment
- Previous experience in a lab and how it works, PPE, GMP, knowledge of pipette testing, and liquid testing
- Basic IT skills, MS Word. Excel
- Excellent attention to details and follows instructions precisely
- Works well in a changing and challenging environment