Start Date: ASAP
Location: Narborough, South Leicester area
Contract: Full time, ongoing assignment
Salary: Up to £24k dependant on experience
Other: Driving licence & Vehicle required, Background checks will be completed. 25 days Annual Leave.
The Technical Logistics Operative will be required to undertake a range of material handling and analytical activities and processes. Reporting to the Logistics Manager.
- Goods receipt, Material Put away, Pick, Pack , Ship, Count etc.
- Physical movement of materials around the site.
- Demonstrate a contribution to continuous improvement activity within Logistics.
- Ensure adequate and timely stock replenishment.
- Communicate with colleagues outside of own team in order to gain clarification and/or guidance for completion of defined tasks.
The successful candidate would be joining a team that is fully involved in the deployment of critical datacenter infrastructure and committed to making improvements and achieving targets.
Key Responsibility Areas What You'll Do:
- Receiving: - Accurate processing of incoming deliveries. Relationship/interface and communication with internal customers.
- Stores: - Ensure that all inventory is located and picked as laid down by the businesses processes ensuring electronic systems are kept up to date. Stock takes.
- Deliveries: - Timely fulfilment of stock requests, in line with business expectations. Accurate recording of all outbound delivery activity. Communicating progress and issues to peers and stakeholders as appropriate.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Experience of Goods-Inwards Receiving, Dispatch, Stores or Warehouse environments.
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Excel in particular).
- Excellent numeracy and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Good data accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working on electronic stock control systems.
- Previous Logistics experience in a technical environment (advantageous).
- A good understanding of I.T. hardware and components (advantageous).
- Full driving license.