Senior BI Analyst
Salary: £36,525 - £40,995
About the role
At Babcock we're looking to recruit a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to work across the submarine enterprise in building solutions that deliver insight and contribute to better operational decisions. Based in Bristol in the Data Visualisation team and reporting to the Data Visualisation Lead Engineer, the role will cover all aspects of dashboard and interactive report production, including shaping the strategy that helps to make visualisation products central to improved Marine sector performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Translating business requirements into engaging visualisations which drive decision-making and to support dashboard and report development across the Marine sector
- There is a need to develop a framework which focuses on delivery of consistently high quality outputs, and for sharing knowledge of data visualisation best practice with other engineers and developers
- You will also work closely with the Data Analytics team to ensure data inputs are fully understood, as well as be responsible for the line management of junior analysts
- There will also be an element of exploring new technology with the aim of continually improving how data is presented to the business
What do I need to do the role?
- You must be an experienced BI Analyst/BIEngineer with a degree or equivalent in a numerate subject
- A highly proficient user of Power BI, Tableau or other visualisation tool
- A deep understanding of how to communicate visually with data
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with people from across the business
- Desirable - experience in SQL, Python, R or similar coding language, knowledge of database design and understanding of ETL processes
What else do I need to know?
- The post will be based in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involves working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. You must hold current, active security clearance or be willing to undergo the necessary process to obtain security clearance
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face. Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs. This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.