Survival Equipment Department Controller
RAF Valley, Holyhead
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Survival Equipment Department Controller.
You'll ensure all maintenance is carried out by a suitably qualified and experienced workforce in line with trade standards DAP108A-0006 and Part 145 regulation to meet the demands of the flying operation.
- Ensuring appropriate resource is made available to meet the demands of the AJT and AMRO flying operations throughout the flying day.
- Uphold communication links with squadron and maintenance management stakeholders to advise on maintenance lead times, asset availability and fault diagnosis results
- Maintaining maintenance schedules across the SE capability at RAF Valley to ensure equipment is ready in good time to facilitate on-aircraft maintenance and to fulfil the requirements of aircrew training.
- Establishing and sustaining strong lines of communication with the Survival Equipment Maintenance Authority, RAF Valley enterprise partners and customers
- Facilitate OJT training of existing and new staff members to maintain currency within the department across range of maintenance disciplines.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need extensive industry experience, training in relevant discipline to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent - Aeronautical Engineering and extensive experience in a Supervisory position within a related engineering environment.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
- Full Driving License
- Possess general and specialist technical knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology
- Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
- Ability to attain/ or possess Q-SE-AC/Q-SE-AV-Med
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including homeworking and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we're not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 24/03/2021