Lecturer - Advanced Engineering Science
MOD Lyneham, Wiltshire
Ref - 33675
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Electronics engineering professional with a good all round technical knowledge to join our Land Training team at MoD Lyneham to be responsible for the delivery of lectures for course modules within the Advanced Engineering Science (AES) (Having a good knowledge of electronics) and develop subjects towards maximising and enhancing the DCTT EMTC, required for trainees to meet the academic standards for career course training.
To develop, prepare and deliver lectures on course modules in the wider Advanced Engineering Science Department in support of the DCTT EMTC including: the writing of lecture guides; student précis and handouts; laboratory worksheets.
To prepare relevant teaching material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Advanced Engineering Science lectures and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques, ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP).
Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved CTP. Act as an SME to review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support advances in techniques and technologies using most appropriate teaching aids.
Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers; Creation of, assignments; devise and supervise projects; and monitor continuous assessments. Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, Invigilation of examination and assessments.
Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or program delays are flagged to the Leading Lecturer. Delivery of remedial teaching and revision as necessary.
Student administration including course reports and student records. Attending Course Debriefs as required by your Line Manager.
Evaluate new software programs and introduce modern learning methods into specialisation area.
Responsibility within the Advanced Engineering Science teaching areas for cleanliness, security, HSW, COSHH and environmental and engineering hygiene and ensuring that all students are fully aware of these requirements.
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree / HND in a relevant engineering discipline for subjects being taught (General electronics, or Radar, Electronic Control, Telecommunications, or Avionic Systems). For Foundation level (L1 - L3) academic modules.
* Prior supervisory experience
* Ability to maintain credibility with customers at all levels including students and external awarding bodies
* Champions and supports all H&SE initiatives and procedures and cascades this Babcock ethos effectively to staff and students.
* Ability to research new subjects, to design and develop new teaching material for assignments and projects to meet accrediting body standards
* Clear and relevant Technical Experience.
* Focuses on the delivery of results.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Able to coach and mentor students to achieve their best effectively to all staff
What else do I need to know?
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Successful Candidates will need to be eligible to gain and maintain UK SC level security clearance.