Detailed Job Description:
We are seeking to recruit Production Operatives to perform key production tasks within the cylinder filling plant. The focus of the roles are driving high performance through teamwork, fostering a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement, as well as ensuring the safe and efficient operations of the plant.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a safety-first operation and incident-free workplace. Report any incident, injury or near miss and contribute to the hazard spot program.
- Operate within and comply with all SHE, including expected PPE, guidance
- Obtain UKAS Inspector Accreditation
- Ensure understanding of Calor standards in the cylinder filling process
- Segregate cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Recondition cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Ensure work area is kept tidy
- Report hazards and equipment defects promptly
- Scrap cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Carry-out faulty cylinder investigation and reporting
- Be available to cover productions runs at short notice, with additional hours as required
- Participate in weekly stock checks
- Contribute to continuous improvement throughout the filling plant operation and identify potential improvements to safety, reliability and efficiency to Shift or Lead Operatives
- Comply with all applicable work instructions, training, risk assessments and operational bulletins
6am - 2:30pm Monday to Friday with daily overtime where available.
Your hours of work will be based on a 40 hour week. Your working week will be deemed to be up to any 6 days in 7.
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, and criminal record check and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open-minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities, and look to continuously learn.
If this sounds like you, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adheres to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.