The Manufacturing Engineering team work with industrial, process & quality teams across all manufacturing sites. Responsibilities include; problem solving, process innovation & development, and introduction of new technology.
As the Manufacturing Systems Engineer you will be responsible for leading the design, development, installation and launch of quality focused, efficient and robust production processes, suitable for current and future product designs.
A key project will be to co-ordinate the standardisation of existing processes in order to facilitate multi-site adoption of Industry 4.0 digital manufacturing processes. The Manufacturing Systems Engineering team are responsible for promoting Engineering Excellence; improving productivity, quality, efficiency and people development.
50% of this role will include travel aboard from 1-3 weeks at a time.
- Facilitate and lead the development of standardised manufacturing processes for company switch and control gear products.
- Facilitate the development of new and existing processes in order to enable the migration towards digital manufacturing processes and Industry 4.0.
- Work with Engineering on Design for Manufacture and Assembly. Focus on improving quality, delivery and cost.
- Participate in Manufacturing Engineering strategy and planning meetings.
- Contribute towards ensuring new technology opportunities are validated from a technical, business and program perspective.
- Contribute towards project management activities to ensure technical deliverables are achieved within time and budget.
- Ensure all new and existing processes minimise environmental impact and comply with company Health and Safety policies, procedures and general safe working practices.
- Promote Engineering Excellence within the business, provide coaching and leadership.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required by the leadership team in order to maintain alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of Industry 4.0 implementation, tools and techniques.
- Extensive project management experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Proven track record relating to problem solving and process development.
- Ability to demonstrate a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines in previous projects.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement manufacturing methodologies.
- New product or process implementation experience.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, welding, mechanism assembly & vacuum engineering technology.
- Experience using 3D CAD and Product Lifecycle Management tools, ideally Siemens NX & Teamcenter.
- Experience working overseas with different cultures.
- Experience working within a Matrix structured organisation, leading small teams and coaching individuals to achieve potential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and via written reports / presentations.
- Ability to lead and/or work in a team, but also responsible for working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Educated to Degree level in an applicable Engineering or Science discipline.
- HND or similar is acceptable if a level of relevant knowledge and experience (10+ years) can be demonstrated.