Data Scientist - Aberdeen - Windfarm Operations & Maintenance
Manpower are working in partnership with the UK's leading Technology Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy to find their next experienced Data Scientist - Operations & Maintenance. Our client collaborates with researchers, OEMs, academia and technology developers providing insights, advisory services and tangible solutions for real world applications.
We can accept applications from candidates for Grimsby, Glasgow and Aberdeen with the role being a hybrid of home working and on-site - Our client is flexible on which location this is.
As their Data Scientist - Operations & Maintenance , you will be given the opportunity to support the company by finding new and innovative ways to apply data analysis and machine learning techniques to problems in the Operation and Maintenance of Offshore Wind turbines. You role will cover predictive maintenance, weather forecasting, predicting turbine power output or optimising maintenance schedules.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- Degree level or higher in Data Science, Operational Research (or similar)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in relation to wind farm performance analysis
A proven track record in the following areas is essential
- Advanced data analysis and data science programming skills in Python, R (or similar)
- Data visualisation and / or dashboarding with R, Python, Power BI, Tableau or Qlik)
- Machine learning & data analysis techniques demonstrating commercial & operational value.
- Creating thought leadership or research papers in the field of data analysis and data science.
- Customer facing capability and able to forge strong relationships.
- Creative thinking, individual initiative, motivated, team player, interpersonal skills, time management and organisational skills.
- MS Office - Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook packages
Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- Handing and processing operational data from offshore wind farms including SCADA, alarms, CMS, work orders etc
- Design, management and application of SQL or MySQL databases
- Expertise in GIS / spatial data analysis, particularly in a maritime setting
- Expertise in solving linear programming and optimisation problems for operations.
- Computer Vision and / or Deep Learning
In return an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes an attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
To take the first step in securing this fantastic position apply today…..