Are you an experienced Import / Export Clerk? Do you have Import experience working for a UK organisation? Are you an Import Clerk looking for a new opportunity in central Southampton?
A global accountancy is looking to recruit a an experienced Import / Export Clerk to ensure their clients are fully compliant with regards customs processes & requirements.
You must have UK Import experience to be considered for this opportunity.
Working for a dynamic Accountants and Business Consultants, this organisation specialise in providing financial services to over 10,000 clients globally. There client base are all within the E-Commerce sector, ranging from corporate company's to small online retailers (eg Ebay / Amazon). This role is working from the Head Office in central Southampton which has circa 150 staff in. They are a diverse and dynamic company with 20 different languages spoken. Founded in 2012 this company's global offices include China, the US and Europe.
The business offers a dedicated and personal service, this role will be joining a newly created team to meet demand from existing clients with regards customs regulations. The customs service will be a service that comes with an additional cost to the client.
Joining a newly created team this position will certainly give an opportunity for career progression and growth.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrable experience in:
- Experience in a customs compliance role
- Knowledge of customs & excise, import / export processes and procedures along with rules of origin.
- Highly organised, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Working in a professional environment you will be confident, positive and a highly professional individual.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage the day to day import / export requirements.
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders to ensure all customs declarations are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy, efficiency and due diligence in all Import / Export processes.
- Prepare and submit accurate customs declarations.
- Collate all documents (where required) prior to the arrival of goods.
- Submit invoice data to the accounting team.
- Act as the point of contact for all operational queries.
Salary & Package:
£25,000 - £28,000 basic salary (based on experience)
Pension Scheme (after successful completion of probation)
Private Healthcare Insurance (after successful completion of probation)
Annual Leave entitlement
Birthday off after one year length of service
2 Wellness days per year
Continuous learning culture
Working in a creative spacious office with breakout areas and a subsidised canteen
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm