An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Assistant to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, to be based remotely (UK) for the entirety of the contract.
This is a full-time temporary role to last until the end of February 2022, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £41,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Main Job Purpose
- Support the setup, lead and execution of work plan related to Quality, Service and Inventory in the inbound Supply Chain.
- Support HBPC Moulds Project Leader
- Provide support to the Market Procurement Capacities & Capabilities Manager and Markets Procurement Team.
- Service provided by the raw and packaging material suppliers including driving the program to reduce Inventory of raw and packaging materials together with the operational planners, driving Quality improvement initiatives and providing support in Supply Chain projects.
- Optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies to prevent potential service issues, lead issue resolution and improve Material Supply Resilience. The Assistant's role is to lead where possible and assist where necessary.
- Monitor capacity and capability at suppliers in line with the Business Plan to assure continuity of supply to PC Europe SU's. There will also be scope for the assistant to support in delivering the strategic programme on Europe's Mould Database for HBPC.
- Due to the nature of this role and the importance in the business agenda, the person will get significant exposure to higher management and the role can be seen as a potential first step into a career in the Markets Procurements team.
Required background and experience
- Significant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement related jobs, preferably within Unilever
- Operational in SAP and strong Excel skills: being able to extract, analyse and present data in a clear and understandable format (Preferable to have PowerBI experience and understanding - DAX)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of data, process, collection, cleansing and reporting
- Good analytical skills combined with a pro-active attitude and clear skills to enable (and in some cases lead) decision making processes.
- Excellent relationship skills, being able to communicate effectively and efficiently with different stakeholders involved: SUs, Suppliers, Portfolio buyers, Planners
- Good, fast & creative in problem solving
- A very strong team person combined with the skills to work independently AND being able to balance between the two
- Good English language skills (speaking and writing)