IT Project Manager- Applications and Infrastructure
Bristol (with flexibility to work from Portsmouth, Rosyth or Hamilton)
Babcock Corporate Services
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit an IT Project Manager to join an established project delivery team. You can base yourself out of our Bristol offices, or there is also the opportunity to work out of our Portsmouth, Rosyth or Hamilton offices if preferred.
You will be joining a busy and highly motivated team of Project Managers and Programme Managers, where you will concurrently manage and deliver multiple application and infrastructure based projects across HR, Payroll, Finance and ERP.
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
* Ensuring all projects are delivered to time, cost & quality while tracking and recording any deviations.
* Assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
* Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resourcing to meet the needs of customers.
What do I need to do the role?
With proven applications and infrastructure project management experience, you will have excellent stakeholder management experience and an ability to work multiple concurrent projects.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Experienced IT professional, focussed on being a part of a cost effective and efficient programme management team.
* Demonstrable Project management experience
* Infrastructure Project Management essential
* Microsoft Project experience essential (and Project Server preferred)
* PRINCE/APM or equivalent certification
* Experience of managing 4/5 projects simultaneously
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants:
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.