Train Driver Standards Manager
Flexile location with regular travel to Manchester or Hamilton
Salary competitive plus Car / allowance
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit a Driver Standards Manager to join our thriving business SB Rail which provides the latest on-track machine technologies to improve the safety, reliability and efficiency of mechanised railway engineering works.
The Driver Standards Manager will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of the Company's Rail & Other Guided Systems (ROGS) certification is complied with regarding the use of On Track Machines (OTM) and that OTM Drivers are competent to the required standards and the Code of Practice.
* Ensuring that all Drivers of OTM's are competent and current to the standards required for the correct and efficient driving of OTM's including Driver Only Operation.
* Prepare, implement and maintain internal standards for the Driving operation of OTM's.
* Ensure all Drivers have relevant Route Knowledge and that the knowledge and competence is maintained.
* Ensure all Drivers receive Publications required to fulfil their role, including Line Safety Info-Briefing.
* Line management of the Driver Standards Supervisor and the Tamping Standards Supervisor.
* Taking the lead on any Babcock rail incident investigations.
* The training and development of trainee OTM drivers.
What do I need to do the role?
* You will likely come from a train driving background with a National Rail Operator or a Rail Industry Board.
* You will have an in depth knowledge of Railway Industry standards, and of operational railway and associated safety matters.
* You will have proven experience within a supervisory or management post.
* An understanding of OTM applications would be beneficial for the role.
What else do I need to know?
We are happy with a mix of remote and office based/site work. Base locations would be either Hamilton or Manchester however The bulk of the work will be in Scotland though travel throughout the UK will be required.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.