An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Procurement Assistant to be based in Port Sunlight, Wirral however working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted therefore could be remote based (in the UK) if willing to travel to PS when required for meetings. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, paying up to £33,169 pro rata, per annum depending on experience.
Please note, an ASAP start is required.
- Procurement lead point of contact for PETA non-animal testing and vegan claims program. Responsible for providing supplier assurance that the relevant claims standards are met.
- Submission of new project and brand requests into established process.
- Analysis of existing database to provide input to Brand teams on current status.
- Move the supplier assurance work to a pro-active approach.
- Contacting suppliers to understand any issues and support them in completion of the on-line tool.
- Must have experience of representing a company to external suppliers and building relationships.
- Buying experience is not essential (as is not required for this role) however an understanding of the relationship to suppliers would be beneficial.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Power BI knowledge would also be beneficial.
- Self-Management (priority setting, risk analysis, resources)
- Take ownership and responsibility; have energy and drive
- Be result and solution oriented; be able to solve (unexpected) problems (in short notice)
- Excellent communication skills - able to work both with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Project management skills