Fire Systems Designer
Location: Multiple locations.
Salary: Up to £32K DOE.
Start Date: ASAP.
Hours: 42 hours.
Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays.
Benefits: Pension, life Insurance and many other perks given.
About the Company
My client is one of the UK's main provider of security solutions. This client protects everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities.
Fire System Design and production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications in line with the relevant regulatory standards for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems both for M&E and End Users throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Design responsibility and the production of Fire System designs /quotations ranging from £5,000 to £5,000,000 in value.
- Ensuring all quotations are compliant with the relevant standards & regulations currently in force at the time (e.g. NSI, FIA, CDM etc.)
- Taking design responsibility and ensuring that the designs produced achieve the objectives required by the customer and the specification.
- Issuing FIA design certificates upon completion of a project.
- Managing several designs / proposals at any one time.
- Ensuring that all designs & proposals produced are accurately costed and priced to achieve the agreed company margins and any necessary management approvals & sign offs are obtained prior to issue.
- Carrying out peer review of other designers work to ensure an error free environment and that quality and consistency is kept high across the team.
- 3 years' minimum experience working with Fire Alarm systems and associated regulatory standards in a design, sales or engineering capacity.
- Experience in a similar role liaising with End Users and / or M&E Contractors.
- Technical IT knowledge. (Office applications)
- Able to interpret Customer's detailed specifications and drawings
- Work history needs to be checkable for 5 years.
- Right to work in the UK/EU.
- Excellent communication skills - fluent in written and spoken English.
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS7858 checks. This is a thorough vetting phase and offer will only be made when passed.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Please contact me for a confidential conversation:
Mobile: 07483 361 080